Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Post From Padfoot and Prongs/The List

Comment:  Padfoot and Prongs - Good Books Inc. said...


What an excellent book!! And we love your site...this is a fantastic idea! Although...we prefer the reader's choice of 100 best novels...but the board's list is still great!

Response:  Thanks for commenting!  Yes, I looked at both lists and considered which to use.  I have read Ayn Rand books but felt that obviously readers (die hard Rand and Hubbard fans) voted numerous times to get their choices high on the list (kind of like calling in for your favorite on American Idol contestent numerous times).  I don't have anything against Rand or Hubbard but believe the books are more about philosophical beliefs and promoting those beliefs than literature.  I decided to go with the Random House List, even though I wanted to read some of my favs on the readers list, because it included books I have not read but believe to be some of the greatest books ever written.  So thanks for contributing...........

No comments: