Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting There.....

Okay, so not really doing what I should be with Ulysses.  I need to be done by tomorrow and I want to look at the religious component of the book and the relationship between the two main characters obviously, but then it's time to move on.  So hopefully I will having something more indepth to write tomorrow.  Today, my 9 year old was taking a shower in his room.  I walked into my bathroom with sewer pouring out from under the flush and the shower because the water was backing up.  The floor had about an inch of standing muck that smelled like the devil's bowels (honestly, it is the grossest thing I've ever encountered!!)  So I may have ecolli, and if not the gallon of bleach I had to use definitely burnt out half my brain cells.  The upside is if I don't die from ecolli and just have a semi nasty case of it, I might drop 20lbs.  Anything in the pursuit of weight loss!  Yes, I am shallow.  Or if I can't finish all 100 books, I can blame it on brain damage. A man (who has a stronger stomach than mine) came out and "SNAKED" it and now everything is back in working order.  He was also kind enough to tell me the things he finds in other peoples' septic systems.....Use your imagination!  All I could think of was  the movie Christmas Vacation, Randy Quade outside his RV in his  robe and underwear, when the yuppie neighbors come out horrified.  He's got that long tube from his septic tank going into the street.  "Don't mind me" he says, "Just emptying the shitter!" 
Oh, and the "SNAKE GUY" said only use Scott single ply T.P. 
Ever Onward.....

No comments: