Saturday, August 29, 2009

ALREADY NERVOUS!

I'm already nervous.  Obviously the idea is to enjoy the books, not just speed read through them or what would be the point.  If I read two books a week (I realize they are different lengths and commitment levels) then I would accomplish my goal. Maybe reading Ulysses first is better because everything will be easier after this.  Nice thought, but Joyce is on the list two more times.  And, my one and only follower has warned me on D.H. Lawrence.  #2 Is the Great Gatsby, which will be a reread for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it the first time.  It will be a reprieve after Ulysses, but I do not regret the time I have put into it.  Off I go to ingest more. 

3 comments:

Cara Powers said...

It's not that D.H. Lawrence is a slow read. It's mostly that D.H. Lawrence has some serious issues concerning women and sexuality. I don't want to say too much, but maybe you should skip ahead to Lady Chatterly's Lover. I'd love to discuss it with someone. I've read it twice. It changed with perspective.

http://oohbooks.blogspot.com

Cara Powers said...

Oops, Lady Chatterly's Lover is not even on the list. Lucky you. Themes still hold in his other books though.

Kris said...

Hmmm, interesting. I love insecure men!!!